Monday, November 17, 2008

I can't believe it



I just have not had much to write about lately. Mainly because of this stupid headache. I am better somewhat. We have been busy getting our home ready to sell and we have been in quite a state to say the least. We have also been looking in the town where my husband works which is less that 2,000 people and land is difficult to find. Part of me wants to move because of my crappy neighbors and then part of me wants to stay because we finally remodeled our home and it is just perfect for us. We are looking at buying 7 acres with a pre-manufactured home on it. The kitchen is really small and not made for cooking, but the place is only one year old and is very clean. Hubby and I talked about it and decided the most important aspect of moving was to buy more land especially for privacy. These bad neighbors this last year have just about done us in with the loud music, parties, and family. It has been so private for twenty four years and now...it is just not the same.

I know that our sons will never return to Kilgore because there are no real opportunities for work and they like the city. I am sentimental and I have a heart full of memories from this old house. All the birthday parties, learning to ride bicycles, fishing, camping out, first steps, stitches, broken bones, first dates, prom, homecoming are just a few of the great memories. Then the memories of owning my flower shop and all the wonderful friends we have made and my church family. We have a life here, but not without my husband. I just can't imagine starting all over and making new friends and a life there.

I have lived by myself for the last year as my hubby works in another town. I am ready to live with him instead of here by myself. It has been really hard being apart and keeping up the yard and maintenance. It is with mixed feelings that we are putting our home on the market for sale. We will make an offer on the doublewide house, but it is not a home yet. It does not feel like a home to me. Maybe in time we will build another home, but I am not sure we have it in us to do it again. The only thing good about this move is that I will be with my hubby. He will be close to work and this beautiful land.

3 comments:

Akelamalu said...

Oh what a shame neighbours are making living in your home a nightmare!

I'm sure the move will turn out for the best though as you will be with your husband. I have often told MWM I would gladly live in a tent as long as it meant being with him.

Good luck with the move.

Finding Pam said...

Thanks akelamlu, my hubby made an offer on it today. I am like you in that my home is where my husband is and my heart. Just change is difficult. Loved you part 3 of your trip to Krakow.

Chickie said...

I know what you mean about moving and making new friends. It's been over 7 years since I moved to FL and I'm finally making a few. The weird part is, I've made more online friends than "real life" ones lately!