Wednesday, November 12, 2008

No time to myself

It is starting to look like we are a vet's office because of all the critters we have. We had two cats, five chickens and then added one ugly homeless dog named Hot dog, then my dear husband brings home Susie, my yellow lab that was abandoned and left to fin for herself and our newest addition is Missy, a little black lab mixed puppy.

As I type right now, Bruno, my black cat is sitting on the table next to the computer looking down on the new puppy, Missy. I have the puppy in a large plastic box to keep her from chewing everything up. Susie is not more than two feet from me on her rug. I can not escape from them! My cat, Stinky, well I am not sure where she is, but she's in here somewhere and I am sure she will have to get in my face too. My yellow lab, Susie, is so jealous of the new puppy that I can hardly work with the new puppy. They all need so much love and attention.

Last night, new puppy cried all night because she misses her siblings. My husband found three little puppies thrown out on the side of the road in a wet cardboard box. Out of the three, only Missy has survived. It just makes me sick to realize how people can toss out little helpless puppies or any kind of animal without any conscience. Without any regard for life. I can resource a lot of places to find homes for animals. If I can do it, then why can't these idiots do the same. The difference is that I care about animals and I am sick to death of hearing about the numbers of animals that are euthanized every year.

How hard is it to be responsible for your pet? What kind of a freak does this to a helpless animal? I wonder if they treat animals this bad, how do they treat humans? Or for that fact, how do they treat children? People and animals are not disposable or throw aways! It is beyound belief that people can be so cruel.

3 comments:

Akelamalu said...

How kind of you to take in so many critters. :)

Finding Pam said...

Akelamula, more like crazy!!!

Chickie said...

I hear you! I just don't get how someone can be mean to an animal.