Monday, July 27, 2009

The Culinary Meme

The Culinary Meme: The Meaning of Thyme and Other Deep Questions
Welcome back to the 3rd edition of The Queen's Meme with Mimi Queen of Memes. Each week the type of meme will change; sometimes silly, sometimes serious, but always fun! Enjoy your time in the castle.

And remember, don't end up in the dungeon.

The Queen's Meme No. 3 is called the Culinary Meme. Contrary to popular belief, the Queen has been known to accidentally cook something edible. Although I've given the gift of food poisoning to a boyfriend or two in the past, I actually made the food you see here. Don't ask me how because I could never do it again. I made up the recipe and lived to tell it. I'll bet there are some good cooks out in the blogosphere. Show us your saucy side. Flip a hot burger and smooch on a mushroom. Strap on a sweet little apron with 3-inch heels (please don't do this guys) and pre-heat to perfection. I'm getting hungry now. How 'bout you? I can't wait to read your savory concoctions.
Dinner is at eight.








The Cooking Meme

(What Is The Meaning of Thyme and Other Deep Questions)



1. If you could put thyme in a bottle, what is the first thing that you'd like to do?





If I could put Thyme in a bottle, the first thing I would is channel Jim Croce for more verses to this song so I would know the answer. Is anyone there? Can you hear me?









2. Do eggs really crack or do they merely have a nervous breakdown?


Maybe they crack up from the pressure of knowing that they may be cracked.





3. Why are you whipping the butter? What did it ever do to you?



Well, it needs to be very creamy for what I need it for. No offense, butter, you never did a thing to me.








4. Do your spoons spoon in the drawer? Have you ever noticed? And more importantly,if wooden spoons spoon, do they get splinters?

My spoons definitely spoon in the drawer. Now my plastic spoons are a mess.




My wooden spoons are smooth because they are well used and no they do not get splinters because they do not spoon.



My grandmother use to spank us with a wooden spoon. Ouch! Butt, the spoon was smooth. No pun intended!




5. You hear: "Dumpling, my Dumpling, come hither." The candles are lit, the fondue is dipping, the Godiva is pouring, the scallions are steaming and the music is playing.....but wait, the windows are open. Why did you close the window?





You see it's like this...I close the windows because the dumplings are spooning, and they are using the whipped butter and they are running out of time.





What are the scallions for? I thought we were having fondue and ooh la la!


6. Do you need a recipe to cook or are you a bohemian chef? Show us your reckless and wild side in the kitchen. Don't have one? Here's a recipe I made just for you: You will need a spatula, a whisk, a gallon of Chardonnay, a banana and a rump roast. What is the name of your dish?


OK, the chardonnay is for me to drink while I cook and by the time I drink it all, I won't likely care about the rest of the ingredients.



It is called "Splatttt yurrr.... whinnn and b....bb...ba...nnnnaaannnaaa....on a rump roast." Whatever this means? ZZZZZzzzzzzzz...Izzz donnnttt reeeleze kere no mo.



7. After dinner, the dishes are so dirty that the dishwasher refuses to wash them. What did they say to get in hot water?





My dishes got a little inebriated and things started to look dizzy, so they had to take a cool shower to sober up, or else they were gonna start dirty dancin.








8. Is your pot black?










My cast iron or my famous skillet that I burn everything in?


Wait a minute... is this a trick question?







9. What is the sexiest spice or condiment in your cabinet? What makes it so?




Old Spice...


Need I say more? Except he is sitting on the cabinet half nekked!




OR


Slap Your Momma because it spices up any dish with some really good flavor. It is similar to Tony's.

10. How much crock is really in your crock pot?


I have to tell you at this point of the meme, I am running out of answers. So I would say I have a lot of crock in my crock pot.
How much crock in a crock pot ? Now you try saying that three times....geeze


Thank you for playing the Queen's Meme this week.










9 comments:

Nessa said...

This was so different and your answers were very funny.

Sandee said...

My dad wore Old Spice. It did smell very, very good too.

Have a terrific day Pam. Big hug. :)

Anonymous said...

I love 3 and 7. Great answers. The old battle axe will certainly enjoy this :)

Dawn Drover said...

You're dishes dirty dance? I wish mine would!
Great answers Pam!

Dawn Drover said...

Thom. I hear you. Who took off your muzzle?

Finding Pam said...

Thank you Nessa...Did you participate in this meme?

Hey Sandee, mmmm it sure did smell good then. Hope you are well.

Thom, Thanks for the comments. I hope our Queen does not hear what you said about her.

Hi Dawn, dirty dancing dishes is a sight to see! Oohh, Thom is in trouble.

Bud Weiser, WTIT said...

Roared at "It is called "Splatttt yurrr.... whinnn and b....bb...ba...nnnnaaannnaaa....on a rump roast.'" Great job!

Mimi Lenox said...

I heard that Thom.

Cherie/ Butterfly Dreamer said...

I love your sense of humor Pam....