Thursday, November 5, 2009

Dona Noblis Pacem & Gratitude Post # 5




My thoughts this year about peace are still pretty much the same as always. I want to live in a world free from prejudice, hate, discrimination, indifference, and apathy. Why can't we love our neighbors as ourselves ? If not more than ourselves? Such a simple commandment. Why is it so difficult to follow? I still believe that love conquers all.

When we put someone else's needs before our own needs is when we come to a deeper understanding of what is required of us. The ultimate sacrifice of self less love for another human being, even for a total stranger. Compassion and understanding are defined by love.


It is not an easy step, but for PEACE it would require the ultimate sacrifices. A sacrifice of self less love, a deeper desire for those in need, those hurting, those we know not. To follow a righteous path of love. What would you do for World PEACE? I'd say that I would do just about anything required of myself for PEACE.


I choose to start with my family. I choose to be kinder and more tolerant and more understanding of my loved ones. It is often said that we treat total strangers better than we treat the ones that we love. Some times this is true. I am starting with my family, one person at a time. Then I build on that by taking it to the small community where I live. I choose to be kinder, more tolerant and lift up those in need. It manifest itself in many forms from volunteering, to mentoring, to just simply caring.


I challenge...No I beg each of you to go that extra mile for mankind, for humanity, and mostly for PEACE. It won't be easy, but it will be worth the effort. You only receive what you are willing to give back. This year I pledge for PEACE in my home and community. Like the movie "Pay It Forward", the concept is so simple you wonder why more people are not living this way?

Peace and Love to you my friends,

Pam







25 comments:

Dr.John said...

Beautiful thoughts and good suggestions. The world would be a better place if more of us would follow your lead.
Stop in at the fortress.
You won yesterday's win a book contest. Now I need your choice of:
Cross Country-By James Patterson
A is for Alibi- Sue Grafton
The Book of Lies- Brad Meltzer
Dashing Through the Snow- Mary & Carol Higgins Clark
A Lion Among Men- Gregory Maguire
Sent to:
jlinna@new.rr.com

along with your address.

Unknown said...

That's a wonderful globe, Pam. Much peace to you and the world this day!

Dawn Drover said...

A beautiful post Pam. My sentiments exactly! Great job on the peace globe too :)

Dona Nobis Pacem!

Sandi McBride said...

Incredibly powerful, Pam. Thank you
Sandi

Gail said...

HI PAM_

Wonderful intent - powerful writing. Our home is quit peaceful - many find solace here - and we vowed to maintain this in our wedding vows. Peace continues to be our mission as is yours. It is an honor to walk this journey with you.

Love Gail
peace....

Nessa said...

Lovely post. I like you peace globe. very colorful.

Dona Nobis Pacem & Thursday Thirteen

secret agent woman said...

I love the funky peace globe. Peace to you!

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

Thank you for participating in the BlogBlast For Peace!
It is all about beginning with one person - our self - and spreading it outward

Well said
VinnyBond

Raven said...

Beautifully said! Love your globe. Peace.

Akelamalu said...

Love your Peace Globe and words Pam. :)

j said...

Your peace globe is funky and COOL! I agree that we have to go the extra mile for one another.

Peace!

Anndi said...

Lovely post. Reaching out to others, to extend love and understanding. Caring about what makes people tick...

I join you in the challenge, the quest...

May we all find Peace. May we all be instruments of Peace.☮

Marilyn said...

peace to you and yours.

Amanda Moore said...

Beautiful job your post for today's blog for peace is just wonderful!

Mike Golch said...

Great posting,peace with you and yours this day.

Julia Phillips Smith said...

Really lovely peace globe, Pam. And a challenging post. I like the way you hold yourself up to practical applications of nebulous ideals. I had to remind myself not to get worked up at a coworker today - 'It's Peace Day' I told myself. Don't do it!

Peace to you.

Travis Cody said...

Starting at home...the best place to begin anything. If enough of us take the small steps, then will we create big changes.

Peace to you and yours.

Karen Jo said...

That's a great way to live your life. If we all did that, peace would be within our grasp sooner than we think. Peace to you and yours.

Rambling Woods said...

This is a lovely post for Blog Blast Pam....Michelle

Sanni said...

Your wonderful post and beautiful Peace Globe brought tears to my eyes...

... may peace be with you today and always!

Carletta said...

I LOVE the design of your Peace Blog!
Your words speak volumes. I don't know if I'll see Peace come to our world but each day is a new beginning and I start with me.
Peace and love to you and yours.

Mark Prime (tpm/Confession Zero) said...

That was a great read. Loved the putting someone elses needs before our own. So simple, yet not as utilized as one might imagine. If people would just try it once they'd be hooked and it'd be the only drug they need.

Peace,
Mark

Speedcat Hollydale said...

That was beautiful .... AWESOME!

Hello from Minnesota
(( big smile ))

Mimi Lenox said...

This is one of the most beautiful peace globes I've ever seen. It fills me with joy and light and puts a smile on my face. I love what you did with this post and highlighted the words. Your post looks like a painting.

I'm sorry it took me so long to get here. I am reading the posts slowly and deliberately. It is helping me to heal. They are bringing me peace and joy and reminding me of my purpose.

BlogBlast wouldn't have been the same without you, my friend.

Finding Pam said...

Mimi, all is complete now that you have come by to comment. I can not imagine how many you have read. I sincerely appreciate your doing so much in the name of Peace.

My globe was perefected by Mojo. I could have not done it with out his help.

Peace and love,
Pam