Monday, January 4, 2010

The Queen's Meme #19~ The Band Meme(aka The Album Cover Meme)


>
Monday, January 4, 2010

The Queen's Meme #19 ~ The Band Meme (aka The Album Cover Meme)
Welcome to The Queen's Tuesday Meme #19
Sometimes silly. Sometimes serious.Always fun!Step out of the box. Be creative.Use your imagination.No one's answers are quite like yours.Once upon a time in a faraway Bloggiverse there lived a maiden named Queen Mimi Pencil Skirt. She slayed her own dragons, stoked her own fire and well.....wrote memes by the light of the Bloggingham moon. One day a kind blogger from England noticed her meme lovin' ways and royally crowned her Mimi Queen of Memes. As time passed in the peaceful kingdom of Bloggingham, her Royal Highness found comfort in the company of fellow bloggers who also loved memes. But the Queen had a wicked disposition too. It is widely reported in historical Blogosphere archives that any and all bloggers found guilty of not completing their memes were promptly thrown into the dreaded Bloggingham dungeon. If I were you, I'd do the meme.
Get ready to rock 'n roll!I've joined a rock band. Actually, I AM a rock band. Nobody will let me join their group so I decided to make my own dungeon band.It's a screeeaammm.Ever heard of my group?I didn't think so.So I'm thinking....We have our own Royal Blible, our own Royal Shopping Mall , we threw message bottles in the bloggy ocean and now it's time to become a Rock Band. This meme has been very popular in the past. I didn't write it and I don't know where it started. If you know, please tell me and I will give credit where credit is due. Not only is it entertaining but it would also make an interesting sidebar conversation piece. Think of it as sitting on the mantel in your blivingroom. (that's blog + living room for all you non blog speakers). I finished this little project with a new respect for mindless memology. The result was downright spooky.
The Band Meme
It's a musical meme-O-matic! Here's how it goes. You are about to have your own band's CD cover. Follow these directions to the letter. My tagee list is at the bottom of this post. It's fun and requires no thought at all. Go to......
1. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Random
The first article title on the page is the name of your band.
2. http://www.quotationspage.com/random.php3
Go to the bottom of the page and find the NEW RANDOM QUOTATIONS button. Click it. The last four words of the very last quote that appears on the page is the title of your album.
3. http://www.flickr.com/explore/interesting/7days/
The third picture, no matter what it is, will be your album cover.
4. Use your graphics program of choice to throw them together, and post the result.


















14 comments:

Mike Golch said...

I don't understand how this is done!

Finding Pam said...

Mike,you are not alone. It took me a while to figure it out. I stay confused!

Dawn Drover said...

That is cool!

I love "things make it happen"!

Great CD :)

Finding Pam said...

Thanks Dawn...if you only knew how much trouble I had getting this done.

Love and peace,
Pam

Xmichra said...

i love the phrase! things do make it happen. hehee... looks very beetle-ish

larkswing said...

How Neat! I like your cover and title :)

Anonymous said...

Fun outcome!

Finding Pam said...

Thanks Xmichra for stopping by and commenting. I enjoyed reading them,

Lailani,this was a challenge to do, but I did it. I am not sure if I can remember how I did it! Ha ha

Meridith, it was fun after I figured out some technical things. I appreciate your comment.

Dr.John said...

I want a copy of the CD.

Mimi Lenox said...

Pam! You had trouble? Did someone come to your assistance?
I love the result!

SMMMMOOOOOOtch to you, my darlin' friend!

Mimi Lenox said...

Is that better?

Anonymous said...

Great post you got here. It would be great to read something more about this topic. The only thing it would also be great to see here is some pics of any gizmos.
David Kripke
Phone jammer

Anonymous said...

Wonderfully!

Anonymous said...

I apologise, but, in my opinion, you are not right. I am assured. Let's discuss it. Write to me in PM.