Monday, March 22, 2010

The Queen's Meme # 30~The FaceTwit Meme~Tweet This!






Who is gonna fess up??!
Homer caused a LOT of trouble in the dungeon last week while I was gone. I think he is in cahoots with a few of you. Is there a snitch among you? I want to know what happened to my diaries while I was gone. Who has em???!

Sunday, March 21, 2010
The Queen's Meme #30
The FaceTwit Meme ~ Tweet This!



Welcome to the Queen's Tuesday Meme #30



Sometimes silly.
Sometimes serious.
Always fun!
Step out of the box.
Be creative.
Use your imagination.
No one's answers are quite like yours.






The Facebook Meme (aka The FaceTwit Meme)
It's a little longer than usual but I just couldn't stop in 140 words or less. Sorry.


1. Facebook has now surpassed Google in number of users and traffic.
How much time do you spend on Facebook? If not FB, do you use Twitter?

Honestly, I don't spend a lot of time on FB and no, I don't Twitter. So sorry.

2. What is Farmville? I do not understand why people are asking me for margarine.

I have added Farmville to my applications, but did not realize that so many people would ask for all of this stuff. I think it is a bartering system. My farm is tended by friends that have nothing to do or love this app so much. If it weren't for my friends, it would be dead.


3. Do you war in the Mafia Wars? I do not understand why people are asking me for cows.

Heavens no... Mafia Wars is too violent for me. Just go on and give them the cow. Please.

4. What is Cafe World? I do not understand why people are asking me for bullets!



It is a place on Pet Soceity to go and visit other strange people, but I don't go there. Tell them you are out of bullits. Please.



5. Are you being bombarded with these "See Who Has Been Looking At your Profile - See Who Your Peeps Are?" application request lately?
I don't understand why people are asking me for my photograph and that of my dogs.


Nope, I am not lost and do not need to be found. You are our Queen and Homer is the palace pooch, so of course they want a photo. Could you autograph mine?



6. Which FB or Twitter applications, tags or gifts irritate you the most and why?


All of them tick me off. I must have 200 requests and I am playing a new game called "Let me see how many folks are so desparate that they keep asking me for things I don't have". Besides all of those applications slows my computer down. Ugh!



7. Every morning I am faced with the question at the top of my Facebook profile page, "What's On Your Mind?" Now Mr. Online Mailman wants to know the same thing. Does the whole world need to know what I'm thinking at every moment? I can't write that in a public place ya know. But if you had to answer that question honestly at 9:00 am each morning, what would you say?



You know what F.I.N.E. stands for? Something about denial... and blah, blah, blah. People that are fine are really not so I never say fine anymore.
NEVER! It's not nine 'o clock yet. I will have to get back to you.



8. Do you know how you became friends and followers with everyone in your list on Facebook and Twitter?

Well, I think it is because I know them or maybe I am freinds with them. I don't accept requests from strangers, except my Queen.


9. Have you ever been deceived online by someone you thought was someone else? How did you know?

You really take this stuff seriously don't you? I think everyone is a deceiver. I have trust issues.


10. Do you enjoy chatting via Yahoo Messenger or AOL the old-fashioned way? If so, who do you chat with most online?


I once chatted with my kids, but honestly I don't think they like to talk to just me. They usually are having multiple conversations and with the delay, it drives me crazy. Personally, I prefer the phone and a live voice.

11. Have you ever been contacted on Facebook or via email under false pretenses, for dubious purposes, or by meddling nosy people in general?

I am not that interesting. So the answer is NO.

12. Think about it. We are all flitting around making bird noises on the internet. What would the PETA people say?! Can you think of a more suitable animal mascot for Twitter? What kind of sound would we make?


I don't really care what PETA has to say about all of the birdies. The sound would be "Twittle, twittle, twittle dee... I am happy as can be."

13. What kind of new cool innovative application would you like to see on Facebook or Twitter? What would you call it?

DIRECTIONS!

14. Have you ever had to block someone from Facebook or Twitter?

Yes, a strange little kid that was my neighbor.

15. Do you allow your real life friends to communicate with you there or do you prefer to be incognito to the universe at large?

My real life friends do not communicate with me via FB. We are old fashioned and use the phone.


16. Do you belong to any CAUSES on Facebook or Twitter? If so, what makes you passionate about them and why did you join?





The main one that I care about is Blogging for Peace.
Do you know what a Twibe is?

Yes, it has something to do with Mime and I forgot the rest. Maybe something like a twitter for blogs?

18. Have you ever rage twitted? Tell me!

Nope, I like to rage in person.

19. I find that more and more people are reading my blogs on Facebook and commenting there. Do you share your blog posts on Facebook? Do you find that it helps or hinders your blog traffic?

I do not share my blog on FB because I rarely do FB.

20. Wanna be my friend on FB? I have nearly 800 now. At least I'd recognize you!

We already are FB friends. Have you forgetten?


Don't you be foolin' me now. There's always the dreaded dungeon.
I wonder if there's an app for that. Hmmmm......

8 comments:

Sandee said...

Hi Pam. I hope all is going well in your world. Big hug. :)

Mouse said...

Fab answers Pam, you're braver than me to have added the Farming app. I just hide them now so they never even come up on my newsfeed!

Anonymous said...

LOL... you crack me up!
I don't farm or have mafia wars... or any of those crazy apps. I don't have time for real life let alone run a farm! The best you can hope for is that I will play scrabble with you... that's my limit :)

I love this answer best:

"You really take this stuff seriously don't you? I think everyone is a deceiver. I have trust issues."

My sentiments exactly!!!

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Mobsters 2: Vendetta is violent as well, just like Mafia Wars. |Good fun, though!

Travis Cody said...

Oh my gosh! I missed the Facebook meme!

She's going to toss me in the dungeon forever.

Mimi Lenox said...

Of course I haven't forgotten we are FB friends! We should communicate more in that realm.

"I like to rage in person."
Ha!

Mimi Lenox said...

I heard that Travis.
What would you like to order for your last meal?

Melissa Mashburn said...

Those are great answers, I like twittle twittle twittle