Monday, January 2, 2012

My sister...

I don't have much time to post because my sister, Candy, is back in the hospital. Yesterday morning she woke up with pain going down her right arm, chest pain, and was nauseous. Not the way I like to start my day. Candy is doing too much and needs to rest more.

We live deep in the country. GPS can't locate us. People usually meet the ambulance at a local truck stop. Luckily, the ambulance came to our home. I am not good in any emergency. I guess a lot of this has to do with all the trauma in my childhood with my mother and her heart attack problems.

I feel dizzy and lightheaded while trying to find the phone numbers. I give Candy a whole aspirin. The medics say to give her another aspirin and she needs to chew it up immediately. All I can do is to start praying for her and for myself as well. I have to keep it together. Do you know how much energy it takes to keep it together? It takes about an hour to get her to the hospital. I don't know why the type has changed on me. I press the italics button, but nothing changes. I am not even sure if I am making sense today. Did you ever read the book "Waiting For Godot"? It is all about waiting, but I find I'm not as good at waiting as I thought. You see last week I had two crowns done. Since then, my teeth and jaw have hurt with a lot of pain and throbbing. I can't think of anything but this awful tooth pain.

I leave her about three in the afternoon because the doctors are keeping her. Today she will find out if they are doing the other two stents or not. Candy wants them done now. I'm not sure what they doctors will do. I'll let you know more when I find out. I am exhausted from all of the drama that has gone on with her DIL and her heart attack and now admission again to the hospital. I appreciate all of your thoughts and prayers.

On another note, I did apologize to Candy's daughter n law. I could not leave things the way they were. I did that four days ago. It made me feel so much better. I have not heard from her DIL. It doesn't matter because I made the first step and I feel OK with it. I'm still trying to breath and keep it all together, but those memories of my mother keep getting in my way.

I'll keep you posted when I know more.

7 comments:

Gail said...

Oh my, I felt-feel your fears and anxiety. Breathe.......
Sending prayers and loving thoughts
Gail
peace and hope for us all

DeEtta said...

I'm sorry. You and your sister will be in my thoughts and prayers. Stay strong and know you are loved.

Akelamalu said...

Sorry to hear about Candy. Sending positive thoughts and good wishes, I hope she has a speedy recovery. x

Sandee said...

Prayers in progress for Candy. For you too as it appears you could use some comfort as well.

Big healing hugs to you both Pam. :)

Finding Pam said...

Gail, you are very simpatico with me. I am so afraid that she will not survive these two stents.

It scares me so much because of our family history of heart disease.

I sure feel your love and prayers for us both. Thank you my friend.


DeEtta,I always know that I can count on you, DeEtta, for powerful prayers. I need a shot of courage right about now. Tomorrow will be a rough day as they will start the angioplasty in the morning. Love to you,my friend.

Akelamula, we can never get enough positive thoughts and good wishes or Reiki.


Sandee, like I said...I am not good when it comes to emergencies. I need all the help I can get. I found out why I am dizzy because I have a sinus infection again. I hope to be feeling better soon.

Just Be Real said...

Hugs all around.

Debra said...

Oh dear Pam. I had read about your situation with your sisters DIL. So sorry you and your sister are having such a time with all that is happening. Sometimes it seems like when it rains it pours! Will be keeping you both in my prayers. Hang in there!