Tuesday, January 29, 2013

On the road by the house where the donkey stands on the porch.

All of these pictures I googled for the image. One day I will take a photo of the donkey I am writing about. I can imagine what a cute book this would make.  A story about a little boy and his donkey.  The donkey lives in their front yard.  His life intertwines with the two dogs, and a goat.  The donkey likes to play with this little boy.  He watches him swim in his play pool.  They have picnic lunches outside on warm sunny days.  They are best friends.
I have to tell you about this donkey.  Every time we go to the big city, we pass by this little country home that has a couple of dogs and a donkey.  It has a long front porch and the dogs and the donkey is always on it.  The dogs sit on the old couch on the porch. I tell you sometimes it looks like the donkey wants to sit on the couch with them.  This is so funny.  Of course, now I make it fun by wanting to find the donkey.  I worry on the days I don't see Mr. Donk.

These little donkeys are too cute. 

I don't know why I love donkeys, and I doubt if I would ever have one. Our neighbor at our former home had donkeys and they would follow me along our fence line when I walked.  I love their dark brown eyes and the little brown marking on their forehead.  They seem so humble if an animal can assume such a trait.
These are just some of the funny things I see when we go to town.  Of course, the dogs have chewed just about every thing up that is in the yard and by now the yard looks pretty trashy.  I never tire of seeing these little animals.  I love the minature donkeys, too.

7 comments:

Sandee said...

I think they are cute too. There is a donkey farm a few miles from us. I always enjoy seeing all the donkeys. I think the babies are more than adorable.

Have a terrific day Pam. Big hug. ☺

DeEtta said...

Made ne smile. I can just picture the donkey and dogs on the porch. It would make a cute story.

Gail said...

HI PAM - great post and pictures. Those donkeys are so cute and look so playful. What a wonderful joy to behold. Thanks for sharing.
Love Gail
peace..../.

Rudee said...

Those donkeys are so cute.

Nikki (Sarah) said...

Pam...these are cute especially the little one. Near me there's a donkey sanctuary where a family has taken in donkeys that have been abused and they care for them.

I think your love for these animals says so much about you....that you have a big heart. Hope today is a good one for you.

Catherine said...

Donkeys are terribly appealing, much cuter than horses.

Just Be Real said...

Oh my goodness Pam these are too cute. Thank you for sharing. Blessings.