Monday, October 21, 2013

My childhood friend, Judy.

This is a photo from junior high band.
My best friend is in the second row in her band uniform.  I am in my uniform on the first row. She played Trumpet and I played French horn.

Anyway, she came to Shreveport, La. last week to visit her family, do some golfing and catch up with old friends.  I haven't seen her in thirty-seven years.  We had lost contact until she found me a few years ago.

Judy and I shared similar childhoods with alcoholic parents and other teenage angst problems.  I couldn't have survived with out her.

Here we are thirty-seven years later and it feels like we were still young girls.  So many crazy memories.  I am so glad that I got to see you and Terri.
 
 
 
My youngest came to lunch to meet Judy.

3 comments:

Sandee said...

How wonderful that you two reconnected. I think it's fabulous.

Have a terrific day honey. Big hugs from sunny California. ☺

DeEtta said...

A true friend is a Forever friend. Glad you were able to reconnect with your Forever Friend.

Akelamalu said...

It's lovely to meet up with childhood friends isn't it? Last year an old school friend of mine came to England from Canada to visit family and we got to meet up, it was like being back to age 12 again!