Sunday, October 5, 2008

The men in my life

Growing up, I could count on one hand the number of men that I trusted with my life. These few men have made a profound difference in my life. Yes, I do have trust issues because of my childhood. I have safety issues; I have never felt safe my entire life. I have abandonment issues because people I love either died or left me. I would like to say thank you to these amazing men for loving me. It did not go unnoticed. Here is my short list.

My grandfather (dead)
My third step-father, (dead)
My husband (alive and has not left me yet, after all these years)
My father-N-law (dead)
My sons #1 (alive) #2(alive)


Men I don't trust:

My daddy (dead)
Stepfather #2 (dead)
stepfather #4 (alive)
My husband's brother (dead)
Men my mother dated (creeps)
Judges
Doctors
Lawyers
Used car salesmen
Door to door solicitors
Strangers
Men

1 comment:

Dawn Drover said...

you just made me realize something... my shortlist is shorter than yours... I never thought about it until now...
hmmmm.... gotta think about that!