Friday, December 26, 2008

The day after.

It was a quiet Christmas for my husband and myself. Nothing eventful, just time to be together. No family, no fancy meal, no gifts, just simply time with one another. It was just perfect. You know it is funny as the years go by that we need or should I say want less and less things in this life. Living with my dear husband is like Christmas all through out the year because he gives me all that I could want for and more. I am a very blessed woman.


When we were young, we fell into that trap about wants versus needs. We wanted too much. Of course with marriage comes children and their needs came first. It gets so out of hand trying to buy gifts for all of your family and extended family. Just ridiculous! So after my sons got a little older, they knew about Santa, but still believed in the spirit of Christmas and giving to others. I made a conscious effort to give less and less to my family and more to others. The boys would clean out their toys to pass along to others. It may have been hard for them, but I believe that something good happened from that very moment. I am sure that my oldest son will weigh in on that! That moment, we put Jesus Christ first. Seems to me that when you think about others needs before your own desires that is what the spirit of Christmas is all about. May you all keep the season in your heart throughout the year. Love one another and help one another.

6 comments:

Raven said...

So glad you had a wonderful and peaceful Christmas. Christmas Eve services were my favorite when I still went to church. Lots of good music always makes me happy, especially when there are candles to go with it. It is hard to say good-bye to old friends. I have done it a lot these past years. Know, though, that you don't actually lose the old friends and you will find new wonderful friends in your new home.

Raven said...

Oh... I wanted to let you know that Wordzzles is on break for the holidays. It will be back on Jan 9th.

Finding Pam said...

Raven, thank you so much for stopping by and for the encouraging words.

Thanks too about Wordzzle. At least I am ready.

Akelamalu said...

I know exactly what you mean Pam. MWM and I couldn't think of one thing either of us wanted as a gift for Christmas except each other and our family around us.

Dr.John said...

Sounds good to me.

Bar L. said...

Pam, sounds like the perfect day for you and your husband (who I am sure is equally blessed to have you as you are to have him!).

I love how you gave less and less to your family over the years to teach them the joy of giving...can you imagine if we all did that? We do very little giving because none of us (in my family) NEED anything really.

Great post :)