Monday, January 5, 2009

Van Gogh's Ear Award

Akelamula at Everything And Nothing has given me my first award. I wanted to pass it on to some of my favorite blogs. I hope you enjoy it!

Van Gogh's Ear?............
This is the Van Gogh's Ear Award as created by Roger of Idaho Photo This is what he wrote about the Van Gogh's Ear Award:"Every year I like to make up a award and hand it out to people that make a difference in the blogsphere. I like to make it a award for all to enjoy and pass out if one so wants to, I just ask if your going to give it out to link back to me as the creator of the Van Gogh's Ear Award.


"Inspiration of the Van Gogh's Ear Award"
You may know the story of Vincent Van Gogh a well known artist in history. Although a brilliant painter in his later years went quite insane he received the nickname of fou roux ("the redheaded madman"). The most bazaar of Vincent's behavior is when he cut off the lower part of his own left ear lobe, which he wrapped in newspaper and gave to a prostitute named Rachel in the local brothel, asking her to "keep this object carefully. After this he suffered recurrent bouts of mental illness, which led to his suicide July 29, 1890 he was 37 years old. His works of art are priceless.

"The point of this award"
We are all artist in are own way be it art, photography, writing, philosophy, comedy, blogging and we all go a little crazy sometimes. But if you ever feel so crazy to cut off your ear and give it to a prostitute 'Seek Help'!"Always remember you're unique.Just like everyone else. Storyteller. Well I'm not as mad as Van Gogh (yet) but I may be getting there so, before I do I'd like to pass it on to the following people, trying not to duplicate those who have already received it because there's quite a lot! Please accept this in the spirit in which it was given. Disclaimer: I do not think anyone is going to cut their ear off or off themselves.

Jeff B (A Word In Edgewise

Dr. John (Dr. John's Fortress)

Chickie (Skittering Thoughts)

Julie (The Life of a Media Diva)

Muse (XANADU)

Barbara (Writing from the Inside Out)




Please feel free to pass it on to your favourite bloggers mentioning the origin and the sentiments behind it please.







15 comments:

Chickie said...

Hey, thanks! Van Gogh is one of my favorite artists. We have a giant "Starry Night" behind our couch.

Cool beans. :)

Julie Adams Gray said...

That is so cool!!! You rock!!! I feel so special!!!

Finding Pam said...

Chickie, you are so very welcome. I guess we are just like minded or maybe crazy? LOL

Finding Pam said...

Julie, you are the epitome of this award! Go forth and write the story. You are special too! Enjoy!

no more said...

Most excellent, my first award too after 4 years of blogging..lol! TY!

And I love this:
"...he received the nickname of fou roux ("the redheaded madman")"

Does this mean that I'm related to him? ;-)

Finding Pam said...

Muse, we could all be related to him! That's funny, I thought the same thing. I am the mad crazy artist.

I can't believe that as talented as you are that this is your first award. Heres to many more awards my talented friend. Makes you feel like a virgin, again? lol

Jeff B said...

Thanks for thinking of me for this. I am admittedly terrible at remembering to post these, but will make an attempt at doing it.

It's been great getting to know you, and look forward to continue reading your stuff throughout the new year too.

Finding Pam said...

Jeff, You don't have to post this if you don't want. Just remember the spirit in which it is given.

You are a very talented young man andyou have a gift for writing.

You can just know that your talent shines. Thank you for your friendship too.

Dr.John said...

Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!
I shall treasure this award.
Of all the awards I have received I feel I am crazy enough to deserve this one.

Akelamalu said...

I can't believe this is your first blog award Pam. I'm sure it won't be your last m'dear. x

Unknown said...

That's a neat ear. I received one, too. I really wished it would work: I am losing my hearing in my right ear and I would really like a replacement!

Finding Pam said...

Dr. John, I am so happy that you accepted your award. I learn new things about you everyday. Did not know that we both shared crazy!
I loved your acceptance speech.

You are one crazy man! ha ha

Finding Pam said...

Nick, I knew that you had received this award. If you had not, I would have awarded you the VVG ear because you are so very talented in oh so many ways from writing to music to preaching and the list goes on and on.

Enjoy you ear, dear friend.

blessings...

Chickie said...

I prefer to think that we are eccentric.

Finding Pam said...

Chickie, OK, I stand corrected...
we are eccentric too! lol