Monday, May 3, 2010
The Queen's Meme # 36 ~ The Weird, Unusual and Amusing Meme
The Queen's Meme #36 ~ The Weird, Unusual and Amusing Meme
Step out of the box.
Use your imagination.
No one's answers are quite like yours!
#36 The Weird, Unusual and Amusing Meme
The following statements are true. Your job is to explain why you think they are true. Just offer up your usual amusing quips! I'm betting we'll have some hysterical responses. Remember that somewhere somebody in the world needs to know these things and your tax dollars probably paid for the research that went into proving them true.
1. More people are killed by donkeys annually than are killed in plane crashes.
That sounds rather dubious to me. Donkeys are not allowed to fly on airplanes. If they were to fly, then more people would be killed by donkeys that fly on planes.
2. Donald Duck comics were banned in Finland because he doesn't wear pants.
I guess he shook his tail feathers too much.
3. If you keep a Goldfish in the dark room, it will eventually turn white.
People do the same thing, they stay indoors all the time and they turn white. Sunshine is good for you.
4. The shortest war in history was between Zanzibar and England in 1896. Zanzibar surrendered after 38 minutes. Why were they fighting in the first place?
Maybe they were fighting over tea or some other English tradition.
5. Women blink nearly twice as much as men.
That is how women flirt with their eyes.
6. The ant always falls over on its right side when intoxicated.
I guess he thinks with his left brain or maybe he had sticky sugar on his right side, or maybe his left side was shorter.
7. An ostrich's eye is bigger than its brain.
Have you seen the size of their eyes? Maybe they put their head in the sand because their brain is so small? I really have no idea folks...
8. In England, the Speaker of The House is not allowed to speak.
I wish...it is because they are following Robert's Rules of Order.
9. By raising your legs slowly and lying on your back, you cannot sink into quicksand.
Though I don't have personal experience with this... because all of your weight is evenly dispersed and it takes less effort to avoid being sucked into the quicksand. I think I saw this in a movie once.
10. On average, 12 newborns will be given to the wrong parents daily.
Oh my...I hope they were returned to the right parents. No mistaken my sons because they look too much like us.
12. The electric chair was invented by a dentist.
How Appropriate because going to the dentist is torture for me. I wonder just how many patients he lost before he figured it out? LOL!