Sunday, June 6, 2010
The Queen's Meme #40 ~ The Weekend Meme
Welcome to The Queen's Meme #40
Step out of the box.
Use your imagination.
No one's answers are quite like yours
Ogden Nash and Bill Watterson both had interesting things to say about the weekend. "Weekends don't count unless you spend them doing something completely pointless." (Bill) and "Your hair may be brushed, but your mind's untidy. You've had about seven hours of sleep since Friday. No wonder you feel that lost sensation. You're sunk from a riot of relaxation." (Ogden)
I totally agree!
Weekends can’t come soon enough for me. While I try to live my life appreciating each and every day, there's nothing like the sound of the 5:00 buzzer on Friday afternoons. I throw away the alarm clock for 48 hours and the enjoy the spontaneity ahead. What do YOU do?
#40 The Weekend Meme
1. What is your typical weekend like?
Our week end is pretty much the same all the time. Hubs works in the back 40, burns, mows, waters the garden and flowerbeds,uses the brush hog. cuts trees down. As for me if it is too hot, I chill inside trying to always finish up my house work. Since we live so far out in the country, it is a thrill to go shopping.
2. Are you a party animal or a couch potato on the weekends?
I am not really either. I just do what I feel like doing. On a good week end I get a lot done, but if I am hurting then I usually rest and watch old movies. This weekend we had my sister's son and his family. We all cooked together and later that night, the girls scrap booked.
3. It wasn’t until 1940 that the two-day weekend became nationwide. I say it’s time for three-day weekend across the whole world! . Wouldn't you love to work 4 days and off 3 all the time? Do you think this is a good idea?
It would be a great idea if I got payed the same. Of course I have now retired.
4. Do you consider Sunday as a traditional day of rest?
I like to honor Sunday as a special day, but sometimes you have to do things you don't want to do.
5. What are your around-the-house weekend chores?
Cook, wash dishes, sweep,mop, wash clothes, fold clothes,grocery shop. It never ends and that drives me crazy.
6. If you have a significant other in your life or are dating, what is your favorite indoor and outdoor activity?
My favorite indoor activity would be doing something nice for one another, and my favorite outside activity is riding in the Rhino and looking at our land and taking photos.
7. Where would go for a romantic weekend getaway?
Everything we need for a romantic weekend is right here.
8. Do you have any special weekend traditions, quirks or rituals?
I like to cook breakfast late after sleeping in late.
9. What is your weekend blogging routine?
Depends on how busy I am, but I try to read some blogs.
10. Tell us about your favorite weekend memories as a child?
Summer time and being outside. We went to the lake and had picnics.