Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Letting go is never easy

I was thinking the other day, how I have finally let go of my former town that we lived in and raised our children in. Our lives were there. Thirty years of our lives were there. Some how my heart is no longer there and I am finally OK with that. I do not feel connected there any more. Of course my best friends are still there, but I talk with them weekly.

I have made roots in this little town of Panola, and Waskom. It has been a welcomed surprise to wake up and know that it is all good. I am going to this small church and am so thankful that I feel at home there. So it seems that God has worked on me without me even knowing it. I am so grateful. I moved my membership from my former church and joined Bethel U.M.C. I think I made a good choice. The people are mostly older, but I have always enjoyed older folks. There are about 50 people that come on a regular basis, but there are 175 on the roles. The congregation was so very welcoming to me and I really like them all.

Last week I worked a little bit at the shop that I previously worked at before injuring my knee. I enjoyed seeing my friends there. I will work maybe one day a week on an as needed basis. This week I will be making cemetery saddles and then gift baskets for the holidays. It is so difficult for me to stay retired. It gets so monotonous doing the same thing every day. Do you ever feel that way?

It feels like it has taken me forever to plant my feet and start living my new life here. Doc has work and he doesn't really do the things I do. He likes to garden and generally be outside. Men are so different from women. I on the other hand like to volunteer, work part time and meet people. I never meet a stranger. So today, I am feeling extra blessed that I could let go of my former home, friends and church and look forward to the future.


I can't thank you all enough for listening to me these last two years or so. I know that I would not have made it if not for my blogging buddies. You will never know how much your presence has meant to me. I know you will be glad not to hear me whine so much about being unhappy.


It is with great joy that I announce that I have found my JOY again. I hope I don't loose it for a long, long time. I think my therapist will be stunned at the progress I have made in my life.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it wonderful how these things sneak up on us? We work through our trials and one day suddenly realize how far we've come.
I'm happy for you Pam!

Finding Pam said...

Dawn, it is so true about life's trials. I am so thankful to have made it and found my joy again.

Peace and Love to you.

Cindy Adkins said...

Aww, I hope you will enjoy all the new memories in your new area!!! And when I went to the vet today, I told the girls there about your adorable picture with the dog and cat wanting the food...so cute!!!
XO

Just Be Real said...

Yes letting go is not easy. Pam, thank you so much for your support and prayers dear one.

DeEtta said...

A Tender Mercy in your life, I feel Joyful with you and for you.
a JESUS centered life + reaching out to OTHERS + and taking care of YOURSELF = J O Y. that describes you perfectly.

Make it a great week and continue in the JOY.

Finding Pam said...

DeEtta, thank you so much for you sweet comment. It feels so good to feel joy again. I like your acronym for JOY.

You are a dear friend and I love you for your kindness and support.

Hugs to you.

crochet lady said...

Glad things are feeling up for you Pam. It's usually the simple things in life that give us the most joy.

Unspoken said...

Ohhhhhhh, Pam. Ohhhh, sweet you.

Finding Pam said...

Crochet Lady, you are so right in that often we forget to remember the small things in life that make us happy.

She Writes, Amy thanks for the comment.

Nikki (Sarah) said...

HI Pam....thrilled to hear you'e getting the joy back. woo hoo. And letting go...my biggest struggle...but the freedom that comes with it....wow. Stay strong out there okay....

j said...

Oh Pam, it took me a long time to embrace my new community too so I completely understand how you feel! It's nice to realize that God has been working in your life in ways that you didn't expect and have that feeling that you are right where he wants you to be!

Glad you like your new town now.

Maura @ Kisiwa Creek Photography said...

Hello Pam! I'm so happy that you've found your place in life and have let go of your past home town. It feels good to finally feel at "home" doesn' it. Thanks for stopping by today and leaving a comment...the answer to your question if I'd ever seen a cotton gin after it's done?...nope...I've never even seen a cotton gin period! I'm hoping this time I will be driving past at the right time to see them cutting all that white stuff...and I better have my camera! I hope you have a wonderful day...
Maura :)

mielikki said...

Finding the Joy is a wonderful thing, I am so glad you were able to make that progression...

Chickie said...

I am so glad that you've found your Joy again. You deserve it.