Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Cats and things

What is it about cats that gives them such a sense of entitlement? Why do cats walk right over you when you are sleeping rather than going around you? This morning one of my cats, Bruno, starts walking all over me. He wants me to get up. Come on? It is too early for that. He is so persistent. He does not give up and yes, he is still walking on me. Some times he likes to sit on top of me. This happens every morning. He is my alarm cat. Cats will not be ignored. They definitely won't go away when you want them to. I love my cats and they bring a lot of joy and laughter to me. They are so stubborn when it comes to something they want. Oh, joy! Having cats is like having little kids again. No coffee first thing in the morning. Nope, they have to be fed. All of this meowing and crying for their canned food. You would think it was their last meal. The crying gets louder and louder as we approach the floor. They are telling me to hurry because they are starving? Good Grief! Alright, I have fed them. Now I have to let the dogs out for their business. Wait on the dogs then feed them. They are much more patient than cats. They appreciate the nice things I do for them. Not the cats. So I get my cup of coffee and head to the computer to read the news, and catch up on all my blogs. The cats follow me. One is in the chair next to me, one sits by the computer and another is on the table with me. I never lack for company. My cats follow me from room to room. I can't even go to the bathroom by myself. I feel like I have little kids again. What's the fascination with the toilet? I love how cats always look so cool even when they have a misstep. One of my cats adores the garden tub. She runs full speed and jumps on the edge of the tub. Sometimes she slips, but she always looks cool. They have such dignity. I guess if I live to be one-hundred years old, I might begin to understand cats. Oh how I wish they could really talk and tell me just what they are thinking. Wouldn't that be an interesting conversation?

7 comments:

The Bear's Blog said...

Hi Miss Pam,

Ah, to be "owned" by a pet", nothing better than that. Hold it - wait a minute, that is second, first is being owned by a teddy bear. (o:

Well, I guess it depends on who you are asking. Right?

Heaps of Hugs,
Prudence

Gail said...

HI PAM-

We are dog lovers here. Seems that dogs and cats alike run our lives in the best of ways!! :-)
Love to you
Gail
peace.....

Sandee said...

They are talking to you and you understand them too. You do cat-speak very nicely.

Have a terrific day Pam. Big hugs. :)

Anonymous said...

Cats own you. I don't understand it either but they are fascinating!
Bella likes to race me to the bathroom too. More than once she's teetered on the edge of the tub :)

crochet lady said...

Cats are sure interesting animals. My hubby is not fond of cats and doesn't want me to have any, but I am hoping some day....

j said...

I love the picture of the cats grouped around the computer. So adorable!

I love cats too. Cool is the right word to describe their behavior.

Travis Cody said...

We'll never understand cats. Mr Tucker used to put up such a fuss while I was getting his food ready. I'd tell him, "I'm doing it as fast as I can! You see me doing it!"

Every day, twice a day, the same thing. Always like somehow, this time I was going to forget to do it.