Tuesday, August 21, 2012

On being sick...

I haven't gone to help my sister unpack because I got sick with diverticulitis.  I will be on two antibiotics for 14 days.  I have to say that this has been rather painful and has caused everything to have a domino effect.  I'm just glad that I broke down and went to the doctor. 

You know how they say "Everything works for the good...", well that's so true.  Being sick wreaks havoc on my life in so many ways.  One of which is sleep...I haven't slept in over a week because of the of the discomfort.  My stomach hurts so I can't eat, then my blood sugar goes awry, then.... then... then.  Argh!   It all falls apart. 

All I have to do is get through the next 14 days of antibiotics.  Oh...that will do my stomach in.

One thing I am thankful for...this cooler weather.  It's been in the lower nineties.

7 comments:

DeEtta said...

I have had diverticulitis attacks so know what you are going through. It isn't fun. Take care of yourself and get better.

Akelamalu said...

Sorry to hear you're not 100% Pam, hope you're feeling better soon. x

Sandee said...

I hope you feel better soon. I've not gone through this, but have a friend that did and he ended up in the hospital for several days. Awful stuff.

Big healing hugs. :)

Xmichra said...

Take care not to eat berries! I know there are more things, but boy did that mess up my father in law. The doctor told him about other things to avoid but not berries. The man ate strawberries like mad (always had) and the seeds were resting in his intestines (i know, TMI) and causing major problems!!!

Now that i have brought my little badness of berries story... hope you get to feeling better and well rested really soon Pam :)

Kathy Bradshaw said...

I am sending you healthy thoughts hope this finds you much better. Stopping by to say Hi from the blog hop. Come visit sometime, tea is cold and no shoes are required. Kathy B. http://www.southernmadeintheshade.blogspot.com New follower from Austin TX

Rudee said...

Oh, dear, I'm so sorry you're feeling under the weather. Hope you're taking some probiotics since you're on all of these antibiotics.

Feel better.

Unknown said...

Heal well, my friend. You are in my thoughts and prayers.