Monday, October 8, 2012

My sister, Candy

After a week plus one day, Candy was released from the hospital.  She sounds good.  On a bad note, her nineteen year old cat, Prissy, died this past Saturday.  We were all concerned how she would handle that news.  Her doctors ask us not to say anything until the next day.  Her long time friend, Joe, told her yesterday before he picked her up from the hospital.  She seems to be alright.  I know she will shed a lot of tears for her precious kitty.  Joe and Candy buried her and said a few words over her little cat's grave. 

I know Candy didn't want Prissy to suffer.  Prissy had been loosing weight and stopped eating.  It never ceases to amaze me how things work out.  There has been a lovely kitty coming around Candy's back deck.  Candy named her Mary Margaret.  MM is there all hours of the day and night.  I was glad that MM was there for Candy.  I think I see a new home for MM.  Sister was trying to get her into her home last night.  MM seems to understand Candy's sorrow.  Cats are intuitive.  It never ceases to amaze me.  Of course, I know that God is right there with sister and He has a hand in it.

I'm praying for Candy.  The doctors finally have  found a good combination of medicines that work for her.  The cat scan revealed that her neck is in very bad shape.  No wonder she is in so much more pain.  I hope Candy can keep on schedule with her medicines.  She starts her outpatient therapy today.  Thankfully, they will send a van to pick her up. 

4 comments:

Sandee said...

Sorry about the cat, but the new kitty will take over where Prissy left off. I really like that.

I hope Candy is set and her new medicines will help her cope better. Good to know about her neck too. That explains a lot.

Have a terrific day honey. Big hugs. :)

Akelamalu said...

I'm glad to hear Candy is feeling better. So sad about her cat but MM sounds just what Candy needs. Hope you're looking after yourself. xx

DeEtta said...

Enjoyed the positive news about Candy. Continue taking care of your sweet self.

Chickie said...

I do hope too that Candy stays on top of her medicines and can keep on an even keel.